Wednesday, March 03, 2004

The new movie of the month is “The Revolution Will Not Be Televised,” a documentary about the attempted coup against the Venezuelan president, Hugo Chavez. I believe it was nominated for an Oscar, but lost out to “The Fog of War,” which I also want to see sometime this month. The Revolution is playing at the Varsity through Thursday and moves to Metro on Friday. No guarantees that it will be playing past 3/11, so see while you can.

Here are the other movies I was considering. I’m going to try and see as many of them I can.

The Fog of War – Oscar winning documentary, featuring Robert McNamara. I’m such a leftist.
The Dreamers – 1968 Paris. An American boy gets crazy with his freaky French roommates, who just happen to be brother and sister. Scandalous!
The Passion of Christ – to redeem myself for the pure enjoyment I will get out of The Dreamers. Thou Shalt See This Movie!
Dead Lizards Club Dread – a terrible looking comedy. Right up my alley.
Eternal Sunshine on the Spotless Mind – Jim Carrey is due for another good movie. Hopefully this is it.

Let me know if anyone is interested in seeing any one of these. We’ll hook it up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home